Thursday, November 7, 2013

Puppy Love

Well T and I got a puppy, her name is Lola and she's two and a half years old. She's a red nose pit bull mix and a rescue dog. She was saved by this amazing family who run a non-profit organization out of their home in Stockton. T had been searching for weeks on craigslist and other adoption sites and we saw a lot of dogs. But he wanted to get a rescue after seeing some puppies in an ad to trade an iPhone for a puppy. We decided that even though it was a far drive that "Finding a Best Friend Abandoned Animal Rescue" was the place we would find our puppy. The two women who run this non-profit organization are seriously inspirational. They care for every single dog they rescue; they were willing to meet us halfway, answered any and every questions we had and have, stressed that they wanted to have updates on Lola, and the most amazing thing they did was lend us Lola's crate that they had so she could adapt easily, vitamins to help her immune system for the change of environment, and a bag of food to hold us over for a few days. What stands out to me about them is their a family working together, and the daughter who seemed to be around my age was the one who started it and her mother supported her through it. 



Lola was used for breeding and then dumped at a Stockton park, a few witnesses said they saw Lola try to get back in the car with the man who was dumping her, but he kicked her until she was unconscious. She was left for dead by the bus stop and people called the pound to pick up a dead dog. Somehow she regained consciousness and was roaming around the park. There were reports of people hazing Lola and allowing their dogs to chase and attack her at the park. She was picked up by the police and handed over to the pound (who gave her three days) but luckily one of the officers was and active advocate of "Finding a Best Friend Abandoned Animal Rescue" and contacted them since they had been trying to catch Lola for a few weeks while she was at the park. 

We drove to Stockton to meet Lola and another dog, Tia, who we were also interested in, but when we met Lola we knew she was gunna be our puppy. The first thing she did when we met was kiss both T and I on the face, we were told that she wasn't much of a kisser. Well that has definitely changed; I can't greet her without getting my face cleaned. It amazes me how much of a lovebug she is after all she has been through. She loves to cuddle between T and I, she knows who her mommy and daddy are. 

I feel like I can connect with Lola and a lot of rescue dogs because of what abuse she and I have been through, yet we are both still open to love and are lucky to have T in our lives. Without T I don't even want to think about how my life would be, he has been my rock for a while now and even though we have had our fights we move forward and grow. Getting Lola has definitely brought us closer even though I've gotten a bit jealous and mad at T I think we do make a good team to give Lola the life she deserves to have. 

On another note, I was one Facebook the other day and saw an article my cousin posted called Marriage Isn't For Me. T has mentioned that he doesn't think marriage is for him so I clicked on it out of curiosity. And its quite inspirational, whether you are a man or woman, the fatherly advice in this article is perfect for anyone with cold feet before getting married or questioning if their significant other is the right one. Anyways here is the link for the article check it out. 

http://sethadamsmith.com/2013/11/02/marriage-isnt-for-you/

For todays post I decided to pick the song "Never Again" by Nickleback, its a song about domestic violence and how a woman shouldn't have to go through it and what not. And how the woman in the song would never have to go through it ever again. Lola and I will never feel the abuse we have been through, T won't let that happen to us. 



No comments:

Post a Comment